Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Incredible Birds


I love being one with nature. Unfortunately, I live in the city and rarely get to venture out into the wilderness, so I tend to watch a lot of Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, and TLC. Not to long ago, I was watching Discovery Channel and they were talking about "Birds of Paradise." These birds were the most incredibly beautiful and bizarre creatures I have ever seen.
The episode was titled Planet Earth: Jungles: Birds of Paradise. These "birds of paradise" had vibriant colors, intrinsic feathers, and outlandish mating dances. The dances are what actually intrigued me, specifically the Western Parotia. This bird would wrap it's wings around it's body in a manner that resembled a dress and dance like a ballerina. Very interesting and worth watching!!

No comments: